Week 1: Receive Jesus’ Kingdom: REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION of Your Personal Life
By Senator Eric Abetz, Hobart, Tasmania
Sphere of Influence: Australian Federal Government
Intention: We can rely on Jesus… Our Hope … Our Assurance … Our Comfort!
Biblical Promise: Romans 8:39 – “…there is nothing in all creation that will ever be able to separate us from the love of God which is ours through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Receive God’s Promises for Your Personal Life:
My parents chose this verse for their tombstone.
It is a promise on which they based their lives.
It is a promise in which I daily take great comfort.
When I mess up, or sin, I am assured that there is a source for forgiveness and new beginnings.
When things look shaky and uncertain, and when the future is shrouded,
when my pathway is unclear, when others let you down … (insert your own issue) …
no matter what, NOTHING can separate us from our eternal hope of God’s enduring love.
The richness, the comfort, the assurance of the Christian faith is encapsulated in this promise.
My failings don’t disqualify me.
My good deeds don’t qualify me.
It is simply God’s rock solid promise of grace – available to all for the asking – that provides the comfort of a firm foundation and safe anchorage for our earthly lives.
What a promise.
What a foundation.
What a blessing to live every moment of our lives with that unassailable assurance.
Pray for REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION:
• Jesus, thank you for meeting with stressed out, corrupt, hurting people like Zacchaeus. Your heart for us is not to condemn but to set us free from the weights and addictions that would otherwise destroy us. Thank you that you offer the hope of joy and liberty to everyone in the marketplace.
• Lord, we pray for our colleagues at work to come to know you and to be set free by the knowledge of the love of God.
• Father, we pray your Holy Spirit fire to activate righteousness, REVIVAL and transformation in Federal Government and through Government. We bless Prime Minister Abbott and all who work with him to better our nation in Jesus’ name.
• Lord, we pray for the friends we have listed, that each day of these 40 days, they would more deeply know the joy of salvation and the fullness of your kingdom in their lives.
Activate God’s Promises in Your Personal Life:
• Pause to reflect: Do you have complete assurance that you are saved by God’s grace and loved by Him?
• Prepare your own testimony so you can easily tell others what God’s love means to you.
Leader of the Government in the Senate, Minister for Employment
Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service
Liberal Senator for Tasmania