Week 2: Receive Jesus’ Kingdom: REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION of Family Life
Intention: We Will All Know, Love And Serve God With All Our Hearts!
Biblical Promise: Hebrews 8:10-12 – “This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbour, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
Receive God’s Promises for Family Life:
Lily (age 5) was listening to her Daddy read…. Joshua 24:14-15 (NIV) – “Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness…if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
Lily wondered what ‘serving’ was and silently asked God what it meant. She instantly knew that it meant “to obey God and nobody else” and she told her Daddy what God had said.
The next day at our weekly Community of Blessing, Lily and her Daddy shared this story and we invited her brother Nathan (age 7) to come to each one of us in turn, to say, “Will you serve the Lord?” When Nathan asked a first time visitor, Nathaniel (age 7) his eyes were distracted – indicating he didn’t understand. So we asked Lily to explain this to him. She came over and patiently repeated, “It means: Will you obey Him and nobody else?” With his eyes intently focused, Nathaniel submitted his life to Jesus.
“What does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the LORD’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?” (Deuteronomy 10:12-13 NIV)
Pray for REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION:
• I choose to serve you, Jesus, to obey you and only you and to love you with my whole self.
• Holy Spirit, transform families with the will to obey you and nobody else so that they can bless their children’s identity and destiny; and enjoy abundant kingdom life on earth.
• Father, bless my friends so they will love you, Jesus and live eternally and abundantly.
• I declare Psalm 33:12 – “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord!” Jesus, bless Australia to know you and serve you and only you – and so fulfil our destiny as a nation.
Activate God’s Promises in Family Life:
• Make this choice every day and be alert to it even when you face a seemingly small choice – like TV!
• Ask the One you serve to guide your choices so you can enter the abundant life Jesus promises us all!
Nathan & Lily
Community of Blessing
Ringwood North, Victoria.