Week 1: Receive Jesus’ Kingdom: REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION of Your Personal Life
By Pastor Darlene Zschech, Central Coast, NSW
Spheres of Influence: Religion & Creative Arts – Worship
Intention: Heart to Heart Prayer.
Biblical Promise: Psalm 50:15 – “Call on me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you, and you will glorify me.”
Receive God’s Promises for Your Personal Life:
In prayer and in worship, God has never been searching for the most eloquent, or naturally gifted… He has always only ever been interested in the heart… the agenda driving your prayers.
Colossians 4:2 says “Be earnest and unwearied and steadfast in Your prayer life, being both ALERT and INTENT in your praying, with thanksgiving.”
God called David, a man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22). David’s passionate heart to heart prayer and worship are still speaking to and for us. David learned very early to pray with truth… whether praising God on a mountaintop, or caught in very uncomfortable situations. Our God responds to truthful prayer. Some of us are scared to pray, feeling we may upset God with our plain talk… but there is nothing about any of us that He does not already know. He just desires relationship… and relationship is grown through conversation… and in this instance… prayer. Be earnest, be real. David cried and moaned… But as he went to God… every time there was a moment when his prayers and language started to change, as he had made room for God to move in his situation.
Not one prayer uttered will ever be unnoticed by your Creator. And if your heart is actually hurting over anything today… then simply pray… pray simply… Jesus, please be in the centre of this situation right now. God hears, God knows, don’t try and impress Him by beautifully structured stanzas… just open up your heart to God today. And a key in it all is thanksgiving. Let’s never be a people who forget to say thankyou for all the Lord has done, and is constantly doing in our lives. Psalm 50:16… “Call on me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you, and you will glorify me.” Yes we will… Amen and Amen.
Pray for REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION:
• Let this familiar chorus be your prayer today: “Into my heart. Into my heart. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. Come in today. Come in to stay. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.”
• We pour upon you, our worship, our adoration, tender love and gratitude, Jesus.
• We pray for an outpouring of Holy Spirit fire to touch our worship leaders and our own hearts with REVIVAL fire that brings about deep personal transformation and purity.
• We uphold Darlene and her family before you – for your comfort and complete healing, faithful Jesus.
• We pray for the friends you have put on my heart for these 40 days -that they will receive you, Jesus.
Activate God’s Promises in Your Personal Life:
Be honest with God. Name one very real, deep thing in your heart that you need to get off your chest.
Senior Pastor with Mark Zschech, of Hope Unlimited Church
Hillsong Team, Host Creative Stream, Hillsong Conference, Hope Rwanda
More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlene_Zschech