Week 6: Receive Jesus’ Kingdom: REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION of Our Nation & Global Region
By Brigadier (ret.) Jim Wallace, AM, Canberra, ACT
Spheres of Influence: Defence, Justice, Media
Intention: Jesus is the Sovereign Lord of Australia!
Biblical Promise: Psalm 2:7-8 – “I will proclaim the LORD’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father. Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.”
Receive God’s Promises for Our Nation & Global Region:
The Psalm 2:7-8 promise is in vivid contrast to Mark 12:1-13. As you read it, note: v8 – “So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.”
This sad act by the tenants in the Parable in Mark should make us all well aware of what we have done in the West. Despite being fully provided for in abundance by God, we have thrown the son, Christ, out of the very vineyard that was our gift and blessing.
Pray for REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION:
• Let us all pray that our nation will recognise its error and return Jesus to the central place in Australia’s purpose and character.
• Let us pray for our nation’s defence forces – that they would know Jesus and be led by him. Uphold General David Hurley, Chief of Defence and returning veterans in particular.
• Let us pray that we, the Church, will have courage and honour and God’s power and strategy for the spiritual battle going on in our midst.
• Let us continue to pray for the list of people on your heart these 40 days – that they would make Jesus central in their lives.
Activate God’s Promises in Our Nation & Global Region:
• Everyday Australian soldiers face life with courage, preparedness and strategy, knowing and willing to lay their life down for our nation. Are you willing and equipped to face the spiritual battle with courage, intentionality and strategy? God’s power is available to us and his victory is certain. Let’s not limit God!
• Consider writing a letter of thanks to honour the courage of someone who has stood up to injustice and righted wrongs.
JJA WALLACE AM,
Brigadier (ret.) In 1984 Mr Wallace was made a Member of the Order of Australia for his services to counter-terrorism. He is a Visiting Fellow at the Australian Defence Studies Centre and was recently appointed by the Minister of Defence to the Council of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.
Deputy Chairman, Australian Christian Lobby