Week 2: Receive Jesus’ Kingdom: REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION of Family Life
By Pastor Robin Johnson, Melbourne, Victoria
Spheres of Influence: Religion, Charity & Not for Profit
Intention: The Power of Two, Joint Heirs in Christ, Releasing God’s Blessings in Your Household!
Biblical Promise: 1 Peter 3:7 (Amplified Bible) – “In the same way you married men should live considerately with [your wives], with an intelligent recognition [of the marriage relation], honouring the woman as [physically] the weaker, but [realizing that you] are joint heirs of the grace (God’s unmerited favour) of life, in order that your prayers may not be hindered and cut off. [Otherwise you cannot pray effectively.]”
Receive God’s Promises for Family Life:
God answers prayer – I have no doubt. However, there are principles of the Kingdom which we must adhere to if we are going to be truly successful in each realm. Peter speaks clearly to us married men.
The essential lesson from this verse is not the physical difference between men and women, but that we are joint heirs in Christ and acknowledging this releases great potential to see our prayers answered. Not to do so means a lack of influence in prayer. Unity is essential and powerful in releasing the blessing of God. This is no less so in the family environment. It is important that married couples pray together and in turn teach their families to pray.
Men must participate in prayer and fulfil their leadership role in the household; not in a dominant and overpowering manner, but with gentleness, grace and love; an example of godliness and faith. As husbands and wives stand together, with Christ, tremendous power and authority is released. Together, as equal heirs of the grace of God in Christ, praying in unity, declaring the promises of God over our lives, family and community, we can combat the attacks of the enemy; the undermining of the sanctity of marriage, the family and the role of fathers.
Pray for REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION:
• Pray for men to arise in responsible leadership in their homes, becoming examples in prayer and godliness; taking their place alongside their wives, so that the two will be one, a prayer force of love and truth, in Jesus’ name!
• Pray Christian families will be strengthened. Pray husbands and wives will stand together against the attempts of the enemy to undermine and destroy family values.
• Pray boldly, declaring over your family today the blessing of God; the inheritance of Christ to be released on you and your children, in Jesus’ name!
• Pray for your listed friends again today that they will receive God’s unmerited favour.
Activate God’s Promises in Family Life:
• Starting today, invite your wife/husband to pray with you daily – or a prayer partner if you are single.
• Testify to the power of prayer and praying together to encourage other families.
Robin J Johnson
Beyond Here: Connecting people to the presence, love and power of God.
Million Praying Men: Men achieving results through persistent, faith filled prayers, in Jesus’ name.