WEEK 3: Delight In Your Father’s Desires For You
DESTINY QUESTION: Lord, Why am I here on earth?
To know your DESTINY you need to know your Father’s perspective of your life purpose – why your were born on the earth, in this generation, in your sphere of influence. (Cook 2012) Your key life scriptures, and prophetic words spoken by others, may help you discern God’s answers to your DESTINY Questions. Seek God’s revelation of your DESTINY beyond these 40 days until you have one sentence answers to all the questions.
Listen and DELIGHT in what God says about why you are here. Journal what you hear and how this helps define your DESTINY journey.
DELIGHT in your Father’s Impartation of Life. Jesus infuriated His critics by calling God, ‘My Father.’ (John 5:17-18) Jesus said, “I speak to you timeless truth. I never act independently of the Father or do anything through My own initiative. I only do the works I see My Father Doing, for the Son does the same works as His Father.” (John 5:19) Like Jesus we called to only do the work we see our Father doing. Living like this infuriates our critics! We too are to impart life! “For the Father has given the Son the power to impart life, even as the Father imparts life.” (John 5:26)
- Do you live to fulfil the desires of your Father (John 5:30)? The human condition disintegrates when we don’t fear God (Romans 3:10-18, Psalm 36). The Pharisees did not see Jesus as their Messiah because they were focussed on external cleanliness; the honour of man and religious tradition (Luke 11:39).
- Whose approval, praises and DELIGHT do you seek (John 5:41-44)?
- Do you clearly hear your Father’s voice? Is His word living in you (John 5:37-40)?
“Life in God’s kingdom promises an intimate, conversational relationship with God.” (Willard 2104 p27) To do what our Father is doing, we need to discern His leading. Our instinctive instant response to real-life situations is to check what the Spirit of God is saying and turn first, quite naturally to God’s supernatural intervention. Christ’s purity, compassion, healing, truth, honour enables us to impart life.
- Do you truly believe that there is no catch, no limit to the goodness of your Father’s intentions or to His power to carry out His promises? (Willard 1998 p352) Obedience and abundance are inseparable aspects of kingdom life. Kingdom obedience is kingdom abundance. (Willard 1998 p343)
DELIGHT in doing the spiritual work the Father has destined you to complete (John 5:17,19-20,24,31,36). A vital part of DESTINY and our call as Jesus’ disciples is that we are to raise apprentices, spiritual sons, disciples of Jesus, who dearly love and constantly DELIGHT in their heavenly Father and what He is doing!
REFLECT: Who are you equipping to take over what you do in the kingdom of God on earth?
DESTINY BLESSING: Open your heart to your Father’s blessing and receive all you need to activate your DESTINY.
- DELIGHT in your Father and His DESTINY for your life.
Father, I repent of DELIGHTING in the approval of others. I DELIGHT in You! Your desires are wonderful! I trust Your love for me and Your plan for my DESTINY. I trust Your capacity to reveal the true purpose of my life; who You would have me be. Please reveal and deal with anything that is inhibiting me from stepping into my DESTINY. Help me align myself with You so I never act independently of the Father (John 5:19).
- Invite Jesus into your friends’ DESTINY.
Tender Lord, help me discern what my friends actually believe and lead me, by the Holy Spirit, to pray, inquire, teach, and live in ways through which You can bring kingdom truth and freedom to their minds. I pray they will hear Your voice inviting them to receive Jesus and connect with the body of Christ.
- Invite Jesus to transform the DESTINY of your region.
Lord, I pray my nation will hear the voice of the Son of God and arise with life (John 5:25)! Release Your Holy Spirit on Australia through Your power in us. We declare, it is Your DELIGHT to impart life and set people free from the condemnation and burden of sin. Enable us to fulfil Your will, Your intentions and promises by being carriers of the Good News that people need to see and hear – and the life they need to receive.
*We may share some of your insights and experiences with others, so please tell us if you prefer to be anonymous