WEEK 4: Delight In Declaring What Your Father Is Saying
DESTINY QUESTION: Lord, What is my Life Message?
Knowing your testimony will enable you to carry the gospel of Jesus in how you live and in what you say. Your key life scriptures, and prophetic words spoken by others, may help you discern God’s answers to your DESTINY Questions. Seek God’s revelation of your DESTINY beyond these 40 days until you have one sentence answers to all the questions.
Journal what you hear and how this helps define your DESTINY journey.
QUICK DEVOTIONAL: Read the words in blue.
DELIGHT in the Truth of who you are in Jesus’ eyes.
DELIGHT in speaking with forgiveness and love. Jesus’ life message frees us from condemnation and sin; and restores us! Graham Cook distinguishes between what is true and what is Truth. We know what is true about ourselves and others, but it is the Truth – God’s perspective of us – that sets us free! “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 5:17) The life message we are to carry will reflect Jesus’ gracious, loving forgiveness – “You don’t need to do that! This is who you are!” We are to forgive others and love others as we have been loved. “This means living with “heartfelt love towards all – a pervasive condition of vision, joy and love in which we habitually reside.” A kingdom heart lives “with full tenderness towards everyone it deals with.” “We cannot have one posture towards God and a different one towards other people (1 John 4:20).” (Willard 1998 p146,153) Do we carry devastating “truth in love” judgement and condemnation for others in their struggle or Christ’s compassion, Truth and assuranace of break through?
There are three components to agape love in Matthew 7:1-12:
- Love does not condemn or blame those around us (Matthew 7:1-5). Love recognises and lifts the weight of the burden they are carrying (Galatians 6:1-2) and gently restores them.
- Love does not force the ‘wonderful things of God’ upon others whether or not they want them or are ready for them. (Matthew 7:6) How often have you proven this practise is unhelpful?! We are to be like our Father, ‘who is ‘kind to the unthankful and the evil.’ (Luke 6:35)
- Love enables us to directly ask for what we want from other people – and from God (Matthew 7:7-12). This is so simple and straight forward – so child-like! (Willard 1998 p239-240) …“how beautiful it is to see relationships in which asking and receiving are a joyful and loving way of life.” (Willard 1998 p257)
PREPARE key aspects of your testimony so you can share your life message in different ways. Practise saying these in a few moments or words so you can share this often – to strangers, on Facebook and twitter etc.
- DELIGHT in Jesus and declare your life message.
Jesus, I DELIGHT in You as my compassionate Redeemer! The woman caught in adultery recognised you as MarYah – Lord, Yahweh and became a life messenger for You! (John 8:11). You are the One everyone needs! Lord, replace my fear of accusation or condemnation, and my resistance to sharing who You are. Open my lips to declare who You are, Yahweh. Open my heart to speak my Life Message to those around me with natural ease, supernatural grace and love.
- Invite Jesus into your friends’ DESTINY.
Jesus, my Lord, I pray my friends, who are still under the accusation of sin, will know your mercy and power to free us from sin and to release us into abundant life in intimacy with You, our Beloved!
- Invite Jesus to transform the DESTINY of your region.
Holy Spirit, equip us with a life message that carries the agape love of God. Free us from condemnation so the people we share the good news with – encounter and embrace Jesus as their Way, Truth and Life.
*We may share some of your insights and experiences with others, so please tell us if you prefer to be anonymous