WEEK 4: Delight In Declaring What Your Father Is Saying
DESTINY QUESTION: Lord, What is my Life Message?
Knowing your testimony will enable you to carry the gospel of Jesus in how you live and in what you say. Your key life scriptures, and prophetic words spoken by others, may help you discern God’s answers to your DESTINY Questions. Seek God’s revelation of your DESTINY beyond these 40 days until you have one sentence answers to all the questions.
Journal what you hear and how this helps define your DESTINY journey.
QUICK DEVOTIONAL: Read the words in blue.
DELIGHT in believing who Jesus is! This is a tender story! ‘The people asked [the man Jesus had healed], “Who is this man?” “Who do you say He is (John 9:12,17)?” The man who had been blind gradually becomes clearer in his testimony to who Jesus is (John 9:3,17,35)!
- Do you notice those in need in the public places around you?
- Have you been subject to condemnation for something you didn’t do?
- Is your testimony to who Jesus is becoming clearer?
DELIGHT in how Christ opens our minds and transforms our perspective!
What occupies our mind very largely governs what we do. Some have minds blinded with unbelief and are unable to see the light of the gospel and the glory of Christ, who is the image of God (2 Corinthians 4:3-4). We need a rich and accurate way of thinking and speaking about God in order to trust him, and to guide and support our life vision and our will. (Willard 1998 p74)
DELIGHT in sharing what’s happened since you met Jesus. DECLARE who Jesus is to you! Jesus said, “Do you believe in the Son of God?” (John 9:35)
- Tell Jesus what you believe about Him.
- Tell others who you say Jesus is. Tell them what Jesus has done for you.
- Have you seen the miraculous healing power of God? Tell others what you have seen.
- Be prepared to pray for the people you meet in public places. Have faith that Jesus will heal them.
- Phone a friend and share your DELIGHT in who Jesus is to you.
- DELIGHT in Jesus and declare your life message.
Pour out your thanksgiving to Jesus – telling Him all the things you are grateful for.
- Invite Jesus into your friends’ DESTINY.
Pray your friends will encounter Jesus’ loving kindness and be drawn to believe that His presence and power is still available to them today. Share your story of His goodness to you. Prayerfully discern the right time to invite your friends to encounter Jesus through the life of your Church.
- Invite Jesus to transform the DESTINY of your region.
Lord Jesus, as I walked down the street, open my eyes to those who need to be set free from condemnation, sickness and disability. May I trust You enough to pray for friends and strangers to be healed! Thank you that I can be Your witness to those I meet – on the street and online. Link me with others in my area (workplace, school etc) so we can pray and stand together. Lord, bless the churches in our region to usher in Your kingdom.
*We may share some of your insights and experiences with others, so please tell us if you prefer to be anonymous