Week 3: Receive Jesus’ Kingdom: REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION through Us – His Church
By Reverend Dr Ps Margaret Court AO MBE, Perth, WA
Spheres of Influence: Religion & Sport
Intention: The Prayers of the Church have Great Power and Accomplish Much!
Biblical Promises: Numbers 14:17-20 (NKJV) – “And now I pray let the power of my Lord be great, just as You have spoken, saying, ‘The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation.’ Pardon the iniquity of this people, I pray, according to the greatness of Your mercy, just as You have forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now.” Then the Lord said: “I have pardoned according to your word…”
Receive God’s Promises as His Church:
I love my nation. Ever since I represented her in my tennis days, and watched the Australian flag rise on the flag pole, the welfare of my nation has been dear to my heart.
For many years now the Holy Spirit has given me Numbers 14:18-19 and the need to cry out to God in prayer for mercy on our nation just as Moses stood in the gap on behalf of a sinful people asking for mercy for their failures. God was going to wipe them out because of their sinfulness but Moses reminded God of the word that He spoke to him in Exodus 34: 6-9 – “…that He (God) was merciful and gracious , longsuffering, and abounding in truth..”
This showed me the power of faith filled prayers in the name of Jesus as we pray for God to have mercy on our nation. God will pardon according to OUR words. We have a better covenant than Moses, the name that is above every name in authority and power. Stand to see the fulfilment of the prophetic word that we are part of the Great Southland of the Holy Spirit!
Pray for REVIVAL and TRANSFORMATION:
• I thank you Father according to your abundance of Mercy and that you are long suffering,
• I ask that you forgive the iniquity and sins of our Nation in Jesus’ Name.
• I thank you Father that your Holy Spirit hovers over our nation to perform your Word so there will be a Great Awakening in this Nation and souls come into your Kingdom.
• I thank you Father that your Church will be a voice of Victory and Righteousness to impact all the social spheres of society in Jesus’ Name.
• I thank you Father for what you are doing in the hearts of our friends as we lift them up again today before your Mercy Seat.
Activate God’s Promises as His Church:
• Encourage people who speak out for righteousness in our media.
• Check out the ACL website and participate in current calls to action. www.acl.org.au
• Look for opportunities to be salt and light in your world.
Margaret Court AO MBE, Senior Pastor, Victory Life Centre.
On 1 January 1967, Margaret was made Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) for her services to sport and international relations. In 2007, she was made an Officer of the Order of Australia (AO), for her services to tennis, as a mentor and to the community.
The International Tennis Hall of Fame states, “For sheer strength of performance and accomplishment there has never been a tennis player to match (her)”.
She is regarded by some to be the greatest female tennis player of all time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Court